HIMALAYAL - SHANGHAI - CHINA
1. There should be sufficient electric clearance and creepage distance between pieces of electric equipment in order to ensure safe and reliable operation of equipment.
2. The installation position of fuse and the space between them should be helpful for replacing the melt.
3. The linear distance between contactor & wiring terminal of thermal relay and wiring groove would be 30mm.
4. The linear distance between other current-carrying components and wiring groove should be 30mm.
5. The linear distance between control terminal and wiring groove should be 20mm.
6. The linear distance between power terminal and wiring groove should be 30mm.
7. The linear distance between control components including intermediate relay and wiring groove would be 20mm.
8. Follow the instructions of user manual when installing electric components.
9. Make sure no extra stress posed to its internal structure when fixing the equipment.
10. Follow the instructions of technical manual when installing a low-voltage breaker. If no instructions, vertical installation is recommended and the inclination should be less than 5°.
11. Strictly follow the instructions of user manual when installing the electric components which have electromagnetic parts or rely on the gravity to reset.
12. According to the structure, bracket, metallic board or insulation board can be used to fix low-voltage equipment on the wall, column or other members. The metallic board and insulation board should be flat. When the card-track is used, it should match with low-voltage equipment and be closely fixed with the board through clamps and bolts. Deformed and unqualified card-tracks are prohibited.
13. Component accessories should be complete and intact.
14. Electric components should be firmly installed and can be disassembled.
15. Fasteners should be galvanized or coated with metallic anti-corrosion layer.
16. Make sure electric components are equipped with looseness-proof devices. The spring washer and flat washer are generally used. The spring washer is placed at the side of nut while flat washers are placed at both sides of fastening screws. If lock devices including lock nuts are adopted, it is possible not to use the spring washer.
17. Fasteners used to install the equipment should be standard galvanized products.
18. When aluminum alloy parts are connected with non-aluminum alloy ones, insulation pads should be used to separate them in order to avoid the impact of electrochemical corrosion.
19. Appropriate measures should be taken to avoid direct contact when aluminum members are connected with steel members. ?
20. Inlets at the side of power supply should be connected to inlet terminal, that is, fixed contact terminal; outlets at the load side should be connected to outlet terminal, namely, movable contact terminal.
21. Instructions on how to install the buttons on the panel are as follows: first of all, write the code names behind the panel via pencil; secondly, attach labels correspondingly; at last, install the buttons and label them.
22. The space between two buttons should be 50mm-80mm; the space between the button and box should be 50mm-100mm; the angle between installed equipment and the horizon should be more than 30°.
23. Flexible and reliable to use buttons.
24. Buttons installed together need to be numbered or marked; emergency buttons should be clearly marked and equipped with protective cover.
25. As soon as components are installed, screw supports made of organic glass should be finished; the shortest linear distance between the screw support and conductor conforms to the standards.
26. Bolts and screws made of copper or coated with metallic anti-rust layer are recommended as equipment wiring; make sure all bolts and screws are fully tightened and equipped with looseness-proof device.
27. When the components themselves prefabricate the wires, conversion terminals should be used for getting wires in the cabinet connected. Try not to adopt the docking method.
28. The shell of equipment is able to prevent incidental charge parts carried by the staff.
29. Try to install and disassemble electric components and installation boards in front side.
30. If possible, fasteners to install the components should be fastened or loosened in front side.
31. All components of electric equipment can be independently disassembled and installed.
32. Overheated components should be installed at some places where the dissipation of heat is good. The lines connecting two overheated components should adopt heat-resistant leads or ceramic tubes.
33. The heat-dissipation side of electric semi-conductors such as diode, triode, and silicon controlled rectifier should be vertically installed.
34. Electric components including resistor should be installed above the box. The direction in which electric components are installed should be helpful for dissipating the heat and minimizing the influence on other components.
35. The electric components in the cabinet should be kept away from main circuit, power supply and power transformer as far as possible.
36. Master equipment components and setting equipment components should avoid the chance of error action or action value change caused by touching the joysticks or buttons.
37. Fuses in the system or different working voltage circuit should be arranged separately.
38. Easily replace and adjust parts of fuse which are prone to be damaged and sometimes need to be adjusted and reset without disassembling other components.
39. Fuses with different voltage stages should be placed separately.
40. When the fuse is equipped with fuse indicator, the indicator should be installed at the side of the observation.
41. If a ceramic fuse is installed on the metallic baseboard, its base should be padded out with soft insulation pads.
42. If the low-voltage break and fuse are used together, the fuse should be installed at the side of power supply.
43. The strong terminals should be separated from weak terminals; when faults occur, there should be clear signals, and empty terminal or division boards are set to separate.
44. It’s better to number terminals; terminal blocks should be easy to replace and wire; the gap from the ground should be more than 350mm.
45. As for those pieces of equipment which need earthquake resistance, damping device should be added and some measures should be taken to prevent fastening screws from loosening.
46. Fasteners should be galvanized; bolts specification should be suitable; electric equipment should be fixed firmly and stably.
47. The wiring groove should be flat & no deformation; the inner surface should be smooth and free from burrs.
48. All the wiring grooves are connected successively; fixed points for each wiring groove should be more than two; there should be fixed points at the corners, branches and terminals and fixed closely to the wall.
49. The wiring groove interface should be flat and reliable; the cover should be intact and flat.
50. The ends of fasteners including screws should be well connected with internal wiring groove.
51. Lay the wiring groove neatly; horizontal or vertical allowable deviation is 2% of its length and full-length allowable deviation is 20mm. When installed in parallel, the cover should be easy to open.
42. The wiring groove outlets need to be put at correct positions, smooth and free from burrs.
53. Twist drills used in the layout match with tappers.
54. The linear distance between wiring terminals of components such as breaker and the wiring groove should be 30mm.
55. If the copper joint is too long, it is better to loosen restrictions on the space between the component and wiring groove.
56. The radius of turning circle should be taken into consideration for switches used for connecting the electric cabinet or layout position of fuse block.
HIMALAYAL provides innovative products that comprise high voltage test equipment, full-set high voltage test instruments, on-site test systems and on-line monitoring systems, and services regarding tests, diagnostics and asset monitoring for clients in power industry. We help to ensure safety and reliability in the power generation, transmission and distribution.